Reference Literature, Reports, Designs & Documentation
- Logan River Emergency Watershed Protection Documents - this folder contains a series of publicly available PDFs and reports describing what was done with NRCS EWP funding from 2011 to 2013 in response to 2011 floods. Some of information also available from Cache County’s NRCS-EWP Logan River Project Pages.
- Logan River and Blacksmith fork Flood Control Project; Phase I, 2012
- Logan River Restoration Conservation Action Plan, May 2016, Biowest. Logan, Utah.
- Logan River Restoration 2016-2017 Demonstration Projects, Power Point.
Logan River Rendezvous Reach (2017)
- Logan River Rendezvous Reach Restoration Plans 2017, in here you’ll find 35%, 60%, 90%, 95% and 100% Construction Design Documents, cost estimates, bid specifications, and other useful information all form Bio-West. Also, in here you will find four geoTiffs provided by Tyler Alred of the hydraulic modelling he performed with HEC-RAS 2D representing before and after 2 year return interval water depth inundation mapping and a 100 year return interval event.
Some Helpful Videos of Area Flooding in 2017 High Flows
- 0:00 – 2:00 and 4:00 – end show flooding between 6th W (Park Ave) and 10th W on Kunzler (north of river), ICON and City properties (south of river). Video starts at 6th W looking east then pans north and west.
- The video starts at 10th W and pans briefly to the east showing flooding of Kunzler property east of the highway (ICON is large white building south of the river). A short portion of the video returns to this area (around 2:15) but most of it (2:15 - shows flooding of Kunzler properties west of 10th W (as well as flooding on ICON south of the river east of 10th W). The Logan River is outlined by the crack willow trees. At 3:30 you can see a small, straight drainage and small line of trees at the middle.
Logan River - 600 West to 1000 West - Kunzler
- 17 Jan 2019, Preliminary Kunzler Wetland Map, Bio West Consultants
- 17 Jan 2019, Preliminary Kunzler Wetland Cross Section, Bio West Consultants
- Jan 2019, Kunzler Conceptual Mitigation Map, Bio West Consultants
- Jan 2019, Preliminary Kunzler Crack Willow Removal Plan, Bio West Consultants
- Jan 2019, Existing Hydraulic Model Simulations, Alred Restoration - see also here
We don’t currently have GIS shapefiles for you. If you want to georeference images and trace, you might take a look at this old lab.
What about Salix fragillis?
Crack Willow (Salix fragilis) is native to Europe and Asia, not North America.
- Logan River at Rendezvous Park, Channel and Floodplain Restoration: Crack Willow (Salix fragilis) Issues and Management Strategies - Prepared by Darren Olsen for Logan River Task Force
- CABI Infasive Species Compendium Entry for crack willow
- [Crack Willow Invasive Plant Infromation] (http://www.badplants.com/show/plant/Crack-Willow/357)
- - From BadPlants.com
These are useful information on treatments for Crack Willow:
- Mangment & Control of Crack Willow - From Great Lakes Indian Fish & Wildlife Commision
- Weed Information Sheet from Weedbusters