WATS 5340 Topics
Students learn the application of the principles, theory, and skills of Watershed Science to aquatic ecosystem management and restoration projects.
From Fall 2017 trhough Fall 2019 the Fall WATS 5340 course ran the entire semester and was co-taught by Peter Wilcock & Joe Wheaton. We covered the following topics (kept here for reference for past students and as an alternative reference for existing):
- Course Overview
- Restoration Process
- Condition & Impairment Assessment,
- Evaluating Recovery Potential
- Structured Decision Making & Ojective Definition,
- Visioning Restoration Alternative
- Conceptual Design Alternatives Project.
In Fall 2020, we changed things up as follows:
- Added Principles of Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration, 2 credit prerequisite (WATS 4950 ) for first 5 weeks of semester
- Course taught over last 10 weeks of semester, with first field field trips combined with Restoraton
- Peter Wilcock - Lead Instructor and Joe Wheaton - Supporting Instructor
All Fall 2020 WATS 5340 Resources can be accessed from the Canvas Site with occasoinal links back to here.